It can be a testing and complex process to sell a home in Ibiza. Nonetheless, if you work with a knowledgeable agent, you can maximise your chances of a successful, hassle-free sale.
Selling a home in Ibiza takes an average of 10 months. However, there are many things you can do to speed up the process with a little strategic planning and smart thinking.
Here is a guide to help you navigate the process of home evaluations and everything you need to know about selling your property in Ibiza.
Is it time to choose a reliable agent to sell your Ibiza property?
You might wonder if you even need an estate agent to sell your Ibiza property – and the answer is: No, you don’t – but you’ll wish you did. It’s not difficult to put up a sales sign and list your property on online portals such as Fotocasa and Idealista. However, working with a professional real estate agency with the right skills, knowledge, and infrastructure will make the whole process much easier – especially when completing a reliable evaluation of your Ibiza home.
You need to find a reliable Ibiza real estate agent to understand the local market dynamics. The demand for various properties, local valuation trends, and factors currently influencing the market, like seasonal fluctuations and increased peak activity, will all be under the belt of an experienced, knowledgeable and trustworthy agent. The best realtors will also take into consideration a property’s legal situation, its location, its immediate surroundings, its age, size, plot, and condition, as well as its style, amenities, and views. In addition, they can offer advice on how to prepare your property for an optimal sale, highlight unique features for increased value, and market it effectively.
Need more convincing? Check out our article here: "15 Great Reasons to sell your property with Prestige Properties".
Getting ready to sell your home in Ibiza and preparing for an evaluation
Getting a real estate expert to assess your property’s real market value can help you set a realistic sales price, prepare your property to an optimal selling standard, and sell more quickly.
When a realtor visits your property for a valuation, he or she will conduct an inspection to identify any potential issues that may surface during the buyer’s viewing and to forecast a realistic and competitive price for your property.
An experienced real estate agent knows how important presentation is for marketing your property effectively and can offer the best advice on how to portray it. Taking these simple steps will optimise your property’s chance of a decent valuation and quick sale:
- (un)Dress the home – remove all personal items, declutter and leave it as minimalistic as possible; add mirrors and plants; redecorate in neutral colours; have it as light as possible; remove any signs of pets or sources of unpleasant smells.
- Do the repairs – address any minor repairs or maintenance issues. A well-maintained home is more appealing to buyers.
- First impressions matter – ensure your home’s well-maintained exterior, with trimmed lawns, clean driveways, freshly painted façades and attractive landscaping.
- Professional photos & videos – Market your property well: have the most impressive presentation by taking the highest quality possible photos and videos to promote your property in its most appealing light (this is often included in the service of a professional real estate agency, especially when you sign an exclusive sales mandate).
The legal requirements for selling your home in Ibiza and the documentation you need
Knowing the legal requirements and having your property’s documentation prepared will ensure that things will run smoothly and fast, with no unpleasant surprises either for the buyer or yourself.
The following is a summary of the information required from the seller in preparation for the signature of the title deed (and ideally already in preparation for placing the property for sale so that potential buyers can have quick answers to questions related to the property’s documentation).
Ideally, you will have:
- The Title Deeds to the property
- Cédula de Habitabilidad (Valid)
- Licencia and/or Final de Obra
- Receipts for the local municipal property tax (impuesto sobre bienes inmuebles or IBI)
- Copies of latest utility bills
- Details of the community statutes (for apartments and gated communities)
- A list of any items of furniture, etc, which will be included in the sale
- Your residencia card if you have residency status or NIE
- An Official Energy Certificate (Certificado de Eficiencia Energetica)
All these documents will help us understand your property’s legal situation, which will both help and impact the valuation process.
For a full list of the legal requirements and documentation needed to sell your property, check out Sellers Guide: How to Sell Your Property in Ibiza
Getting a Realistic and Fair Evaluation for Your Ibiza Property
In our role as professional real estate agents in Ibiza, we will compare your property with properties that have been SOLD within the last six months with similar attributes. Market prices are always based on final sales prices. We never compare with properties that are still for sale. A slightly higher price can be tested first and adjusted if needed depending on the owner’s personal idea or timeframe. Keeping a bit of a negotiation margin in mind is also a good idea since clients often like to haggle –– but being open to what the market is willing to offer is always recommended especially if you want things to move faster and not drag on endlessly, risking also that your property will lose its value over time due to overexposure on the market.
Are you ready to sell your Ibiza property?
At Prestige Properties Ibiza, our extensive experience in the local market will help you find the right buyer in no time at all. We can confidently sell your home with great satisfaction.
Our team is always ready to help you with your seller’s journey and will ensure you get the best opportunities with us, so why not get a free valuation with us today?