How to choose a wedding photographer? 5 Basic tips to keep in mind
We know that choosing a wedding photographer is not an easy task. In fact, it’s almost as difficult as finding the dress or the event venue. Here are some guidelines to help you find a photographer who is professional, who likes your style and who is a “good person”, and not die trying!
Before Starting The Search…
There are several styles of wedding photography, such as documentary photography, or classic photography. Also, each photographer processes the images differently, for example by saturating the colours, or conversely using black and white in most of their processing.
Knowing which style you like best, you can have a better idea of which photographer to choose.
1) Search On Internet
You can search for photographers in your city through internet by looking at their portfolios, or even the places where you are going to celebrate the event, they usually have photographs loaned by the photographers who go there to cover events.
You can ask your friends and family, as they may also know of some interesting references.
Finally, another option is to visit directories such as zankyou.es, where you can choose the community you belong to and search for it.
2) Choose Your Style
As we said before, you have to know what kind of photography you like, that is to say what look the report has, a classic style, a style close to fashion photography or documentary style. These styles are different from each other, but all of them are totally valid. Currently, documentary wedding photography is booming and more and more couples are hiring this style of photography. An example of this type of reportage is that made by Studio Fused, based in Ibiza, and also available on the mainland.
3) When You Already Found A Photographer You Like
If you have already found a photographer for your wedding, the first thing to do is to find out if he is a professional or if he is a photographer who takes occasional photographs. Look for references of his work on the internet and social networks.
Once you have checked this, stay with him and see if you feel comfortable with him or her.
4) What Questions Should You Ask
After talking about wedding photos and your experience, other important questions are as follows:
- Availability for the wedding date?
- What is the total price of the report?
- How many hours will you be at the event?
- Percentage and time for booking?
- Delivery time of the report?
- Digital and/or printed photographs?
- How many photographs do you deliver?
- Cancellation and refund policies?
- Do you have support in case of illness?
5) Prepare The Wedding With The Photographer
A good recommendation is that once you have chosen your photographer, have a meeting with him and talk to him about your wedding planning. This is interesting, as photographers come to many weddings in a season, and can provide you with information on timing and organisation.
It is interesting to know the planning of the times from both sides, to know how much time will be available to take the pictures after the invitation, or during the cocktail after the ceremony.
- Don’t be fooled by extra products like the album or because it’s more expensive or cheaper
- Look at the photographer’s complete works, they’re not worth three good pictures.
- Don’t be impressed by beautiful weddings with models, or wedding sites that may not be like yours.
- Make sure you know your photographer and that you get along.
Here’s a selection of Ibiza Villas ideal for Wedding Celebrations:
2. Can Rio
4. Ca Na Xica